4x4 Evolution - Build 58
Update released on August 4, 2020 by The 4x4 Evolution Revival Project. This version has numerous quality of life fixes, such as widescreen, physics updates, and tweaks.
- Updated in legal agreement to indicate this patch is not to be distributed with a paid version of this game.
- Updated website name
- Setup menus has build number
- PS2 trucks will be included with release version. Adding a stock jeep grand cherokee.
- Removed last of Direct3D memory checks, this overflows on newer hardware and forces low-resolution textures. (If you have less than 10MB of free VRAM, bless your heart. You need to do this manually from now on))
- Added maximum setting to scenery complexity. This enables the SCRUB cheat, and renders terrain with higher detail
- High detail truck mode now works with more than 2 cars present
- Verified that saving does work for vehicle detail and scenery complexity. Check to see if game is saving at all.
- Any vehicle without a low-range, should not have it now (Rav 4)
- Added new parts to purchase
- Buying race transfer case with 1:1 low-ratio sets it to 2.72:1
- AWD with 1:1 low-ratio will only have high range option
- Reverse wheelspin fix actually applied
- Added parts 1DropKit, 2DropKit, FrontSpool, RearSpool
- Setting truck to full understeer no longer incurs a total traction penality
- Now supports 14 forward gear ratios
- Vehicle crabbing at low speed patch applied
- Wheel spin rendering should also be applied correctly for locked diff type
- Traction control might function (untested part might cause crash if added)
- Tires would spin wrong way when slipping in reverse
- Full-time AWD vehicles can no longer be shifted out of AWD
- Added art for dash UI for gears up to 13, and AWD indicator
- Corrected dash overlay aspect ratios (TO DO: Optimize right overlay math for Dreamcast, does 180 divisions per frame to only be more readable in code)
- Corrected issue where single player UI only scaled if you changed aspect ratio
- Truck detail now has new option for high detail. (Render all trucks/tires at full detail period)
- Widescreen resolutions
- Master server bypass in metal.ini
- Master server points to 4x4evolution.net
- Fix menus delay
4x4_evolution_-_build_58.txt · Last modified: 2023/01/20 17:56 by fuzzy